In episode 18, Benjamin shares 7 reasons backed by science why you should pay for experiences and not things. Learn why the experiences you have, give you a stronger sense of who you are, bring you closer to others and make you happier.
When you think about going on vacation, it can be hard to justify the cost. What do you get out of it? If you were to take the same amount of money and put it towards a large, flat screen TV, you could rationalize that the TV would have more value, as you would use it every day. In fact, this is far from true.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why humans see the world through rose tinted glasses
- Why we get bored of stuff easily
- Why experiences are harder to compare versus things
- The one magical element that comes with experiences, good or bad
- Why anticipation leads to further happiness
- Why people feel that experiences play a big role in how they define themselves
- Why people prefer to be social
- Read the BX Blog
- Vlog 21: 4 Keys to an Exceptional Brand Experience
- The 4 Brand Experience Factors of Membership Sites
- Ep003: Brands No Longer Sell Things; Brands Sell Access to Experiences
GROUNDWORK: The Foundation for an Unshakable Brand
Want This Week’s Bonus Content?
Each week bonus content is uploaded to compliment each episode, available exclusively to ToolKit members. If you are a member, log in and access your bonus content below. If you aren’t yet a member, register for ToolKit to access your bonus content.