Retailers are struggling to keep customers in their stores and shopping centers. As foot traffic declines, what can retailers do to improve their store performance? In episode 21, Benjamin shares his perspective on why retailers should embrace the showroom brand experience.
Traditional retailers have worried for years about the consumer going to physical stores to look around and evaluate products, then buy online from other sources, often at a discount. This practice is known as “showrooming.”
Based on new research from Medalia Institute, shoppers who use more than one channel are demanding – in other words, they are more likely to abandon a retailer altogether if shopping across channels is fraught with friction and frustration.
But if retailers can win these customers over to their brand, they become extremely valuable.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why omnichannel customers, on average, spend more with brands than single channel shoppers
- Why the customer needs to be able to seamlessly switch between channels to deliver the best shopping experience
- What steps you can take to get ahead of the curve and be prepared for the omnichannel consumer
- Read the BX Blog
- Ep006: Four Factors of Exceptional Brand Experiences
- 7 Reasons Brand Experiences Make People Happier Than Material Possessions
- The Demise of the Department Store Brand Experience
GROUNDWORK: The Foundation for an Unshakable Brand
Want This Week’s Bonus Content?
Each week bonus content is uploaded to compliment each episode, available exclusively to ToolKit members. If you are a member, log in and access your bonus content below. If you aren’t yet a member, register for ToolKit to access your bonus content.