In episode 32, Benjamin dives into the hidden psychology in your city. Winston Churchill said it best: “We shape our buildings and afterward our building shapes us.”
Why is it that some built environments feel safe, calm, and relaxing while others feel stressful? In new research presented at this year’s Conscious Cities Conference in London, psychology plays a greater role in our environments than designers first thought.
We now know, for example, that buildings and cities can affect our mood and well-being, and that specialised cells in the hippocampal region of our brains are attuned to the geometry and arrangement of the spaces we inhabit.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How building design affects behaviors and moods
- Why it is important to pay attention to the psychology a space gives off just as much as the design
- How psychology applies to developing brand experiences
- Read the BX Blog
- 3 Tech Trends Shaping the Future of Brand
- Why the Employee Brand Experience Matters
- Ep027: Why You Should Hire for Enculturability
GROUNDWORK: The Foundation for an Unshakable Brand
Want This Week’s Bonus Content?
Each week bonus content is uploaded to compliment each episode, available exclusively to ToolKit members. If you are a member, log in and access your bonus content below. If you aren’t yet a member, register for ToolKit to access your bonus content.